Thursday, August 18, 2011

Re-Entry

The past 10 days have been difficult...the long, long journey home from Africa, the stuffy head-cold, the long trek to Pennsylvania, the funeral of my dear uncle, the return home, and through it all, the pervading sense of unreality. And so, it was with great surprise and gratification that I awoke this morning feeling fully in the land of the living. Or rather I should say, the feeling rose to the surface during my morning "quiet time".

For those of you who do not know, I have had the habit, for the past 20 years or so, of spending some time alone each morning with my books and journal, a cup of coffee at my side, reading and reflecting and writing. It has become a ritual for me- life-giving and nourishing to my spirit- and I missed it greatly during my African trip. And so, in an attempt to re-order my life, I have been setting a bit of time aside each morning this week to re-establish this healing rite. And it was during that time this morning when I felt the huge burden of sadness and grief, which I had not even realized I was carrying, fall away. I felt...feel...connected, deeply connected to all those I met in Africa, to all of you who journeyed with me, to all I love and all I have yet to meet...to ALL of life...and it was, is, a gloriously healing feeling.

Admittedly, my writing muse has not yet returned...my poetry lies fallow. But fallow times are necessary if the soil is to be prepared for new growth, and so I wait patiently. In the meantime, I am opening myself to whatever creative energies and activities occur...I am re-connecting with those I hold dear and maintaining connections with those who I will not see again for a long, long time. I am once again HERE...at least for the moment. And it feels wonderful!





Welcome home, Linda! Welcome back! Your "life" is waiting for you here.

No comments:

Post a Comment