Saturday, August 20, 2011

Growing Pains...


Ubuntu- I am because you are.
You are because I am...
                         - A DEEP AFRICAN WAY OF BEING

I have grown too big for my skin!
For though my body weight has decreased,
I have added mass...
     the bodily reality of people,
     countless people, who have
     become part of me...
     who are even now taking up
     space within my being as
     who-I-have-been struggles
     to enlarge herself to make room to include them.

So that is why I feel so uncomfortable these days...
Growing pains!
     as my aging body,
          my complacent life are being
          forced to grow, to expand in ways
          hitherto unknown...
     as realization dawns:
          WE NEED EACH OTHER TO BE COMPLETE.

The person I am- this entity
which bears the name Linda-
is continually enlarging as I
am blessed to welcome more and more
persons into the circle of my loving concern,
into the heart of my very being.
I am because you are...
the Divine in me sees the Divine in you...
and only in opening myself
to the pain of linking other lives
to mine can I know the depth and breadth
of this amazing this called Love...
     God incarnate in every living being...
     holiness in every encounter...
     blessing in every relationship...
     the pain and glory of being fully human.

No comments:

Post a Comment